The 45-year-old Grammy winner filed for divorce Sept. 15 from her now ex-Mike Dobson, 49, citing “irreconcilable differences” and “inappropriate marital conduct that such further cohabitation would be unsafe and improper,” according to her divorce petition. And as far as what “inappropriate marital conduct” is, under Tennessee state law that could mean anything from cruel treatment, infidelity, verbal or physical abuse or sexual impropriety.
The two allegedly split on September 5 and are living in separate houses. Sources say Scott listed Dobson as unemployed but he told BOSSIP he’d been employed by the city of Atlanta since 2011, he’s never hit her or cheated on her.
“She likes to emasculate men – that’s her problem,” Dobson said. “I told her, she’s from Philly, but I’m from New York, and if you want to try to disgrace me, try to slander me, I can fight dirty.”
Jill Scott and Mike Dobson tied the knot back in June 2016 in Tennessee. They don’t have any kids together and a prenup does exist.
As of today, the singer has not confirmed any divorce rumors. More on this story as details unfold…
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @955thelou
- Six Flags 11th Annual Back To School Supply Drive
- BEL-AIR | Official Trailer (2019) Fresh Prince Movie Reboot… Would you watch it?!
- Talk That Talk Episode One
- Joe Biden Picks Kamala Harris To Be His VP Running Mate In Historical Moment
We Tried To Make It Work: Divorced Celebs
1. Janet Jackson has been divorced…twice.Source: 1 of 3
2. ‘All My Children’ star and current guest star on ‘Power’ Debbi Morgan has been married…and divorced four times.Source: 2 of 3
3. Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz were once husband and wife.Source: 3 of 3
Is Jill Scott Getting Divorced After One Year Of Marriage? was originally published on magicbaltimore.com