Save the date! For four power packed days, political, business, and community leaders will convene in St. Louis, Missouri, for the 2017 National Urban League Conference, July 26 through July 29th. We look forward to seeing you in St. Louis for an inspiring and empowering conference that will provide you with unmatched professional, civic engagement, business development, and networking opportunities.
Conference Quick Facts:
- It is the largest annual civil rights conference. It lasts four days from Wednesday to Saturday. It kicks off with a keynote address on the State of the Urban League by NUL president Marc Morial, and ends with Community & Family Day and young professionals leadership development training
- It offers NUL partners the opportunity to engage Urban League leadership and members from across America, community leaders; elected officials; Fortune 500 executives; young professionals; the local community; and celebrities
- Over 20,000 national and local citizens attend the conference
- The goal of the conference is to engage attendees in discussions of the pressing issues facing Africans Americans and solutions to address these challenges. The major issues that are discussed at the conference include social and economic inequality across America, improving education in disadvantaged communities, increasing jobs and job training, health and quality of life issues that threaten the lives of African Americans and other minorities, creating quality affordable housing options and creating small business opportunities in African American communities
- The conference includes multiple events that are free and open to registered attendees as well as the local community including, the conference kick-off; the Career Fair; Expo; Small Business Matters
- One-day Entrepreneurship Summit; a Back-to-School Extravaganza; a Health & Wellness Zone providing free health screenings; and Community & Family Day
- The Expo which lasts three days also includes a Mainstage featuring seminars, exhibitor giveaways, celebrities and entertainment
- The Career Fair is a tremendous opportunity for face-to face engagement with America’s leading Fortune 500 companies, government agencies and non-profit organizations. It offers a number of professional development workshops, power networking sessions with HBCU alumni and other young professionals, professional coaching, assistance with resume preparation and interviewing skills, and more.
- The fastest growing conference demographic is millennials. 350 to 500 21 to 40 year olds attend the Young Professionals YP L.E.AD. (Leaders, Entrepreneurs, Advocates and Dreamers) Summit which includes professional and leadership development training and evening events for networking.