The documentary series will air on FX. It’ll be directed by Allen Hughes. “Outlaw: The Saga of Afeni and Tupac Shakur,” will cover Tupac’s relationship with his mother, Afeni, who died in 2016. The docu-series will feature interviews with those who personally knew Tupac and Afeni. Plus, never-before-heard or seen music, writings and poetry from Tupac.
No release date has been given. The series is part of the FX’s plan of documentary projects, including, “Hip-Hop Untold,” a six-part look at America’s criminalization of Hip-Hop and fascination with the street culture that exists within it.
Text OS to 24042 to join 95.5 The Lou’s mobile club for exclusive news (Terms & Conditions).
-Tony Scott (@tonyscottmedia)
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Celebrate Black History Month With Netflix’s Strong Black Leads
1. February 1- Free Rein: Valentine’s Day1 of 5
2. Feb 1st – Siempre bruja2 of 5
3. Feb 8th– High Flying Bird3 of 5
4. Feb. 8- Kevin Hart’s Guide to Black History!4 of 5
5. Feb 27th – USAs “Unsolved: Tupac & Biggie“5 of 5