Arsenio Hall will again play Semmi, the BFF of Prince Akeem, played by Eddie Murphy. Eddie will also return as the prince who married Lisa McDowell in the 1988 original. In the sequel, Prince Akeem finds out about his long-lost son and has to go back to America to meet the child, who’s now next in line to rule Zamunda. Eddie Murphy will also be one of the movie’s producers. “Black-ish” creator Kenya Barris is executive producer. He’s already written a stage play of the sequel.
Text OS to 24042 to join 95.5 The Lou’s mobile club for exclusive news (Terms & Conditions).
Source – The Jasmine Brand
-Tony Scott (@tonyscottmedia)
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Celebrate Black History Month With Netflix’s Strong Black Leads
1. February 1- Free Rein: Valentine’s Day1 of 5
2. Feb 1st – Siempre bruja2 of 5
3. Feb 8th– High Flying Bird3 of 5
4. Feb. 8- Kevin Hart’s Guide to Black History!4 of 5
5. Feb 27th – USAs “Unsolved: Tupac & Biggie“5 of 5