Text OS to 24042 to join 95.5 The Lou’s mobile club for exclusive news (Terms & Conditions).
Chris Darden called it personal reasons as to why he quit as Eric Holder’s lawyer. In an announcement that was posted on Facebook Friday, Chris Darden said he and his children have received death threats after he took the case defending Nipsey Hussel’s accused killer. “After centuries of a history of Black men hung from trees without trial, or after the thousands of cases of Black men tried, convicted and executed without counsel … I cannot understand why in 2019 some people would deny a Black man his 6th Amendment right to counsel of his choice,” Chris Darden. “Or why defending such a man should invite threats not only against me but against my children too.” He told the L.A. Times why he took the case, “I defend poor people — that’s all I do. And he’s definitely poor.”
-Tony Scott (@tonyscottmedia)
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Celebrate Black History Month With Netflix’s Strong Black Leads
1. February 1- Free Rein: Valentine’s Day1 of 6
2. Feb 1st – Siempre bruja2 of 6
3. Feb 8th– High Flying Bird3 of 6
4. Feb. 8- Kevin Hart’s Guide to Black History!4 of 6
5. Feb 27th – USAs “Unsolved: Tupac & Biggie“5 of 6
6. Feb 8th – ReMastered: The Two Killings of Sam Cooke6 of 6