Text OS to 24042 to join 95.5 The Lou’s mobile club for exclusive news (Terms & Conditions).
A racist who orchestrated one of the most gruesome hate crimes in U.S. history was executed yesterday for the dragging death of a Black man. John William King, received a lethal injection for the murder 21 years ago of James Byrd Jr., who was chained to the back of a truck and dragged for nearly 3 miles along a secluded road outside Jasper, Texas. James Byrd, 49, was alive for at least 2 of those miles in the early morning hours of June 7, 1998. Prosecutors said James Byrd was targeted because he was Black. King, 44, was put to death at the state penitentiary in Huntsville, Texas. He was pronounced dead at 7:08 p.m. CDT, 12 minutes after the drug was injected.
Source: New York Times
-Tony Scott (@tonyscottmedia)
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Celebrate Black History Month With Netflix’s Strong Black Leads
1. February 1- Free Rein: Valentine’s Day1 of 6
2. Feb 1st – Siempre bruja2 of 6
3. Feb 8th– High Flying Bird3 of 6
4. Feb. 8- Kevin Hart’s Guide to Black History!4 of 6
5. Feb 27th – USAs “Unsolved: Tupac & Biggie“5 of 6
6. Feb 8th – ReMastered: The Two Killings of Sam Cooke6 of 6