Text OS to 24042 to join 95.5 The Lou’s mobile club for exclusive news (Terms & Conditions).
Chicago wants $130,000 from Jussie to pay for investigative costs into what city authorities say was a staged racist, anti-gay attack or risk getting slapped with a civil lawsuit. Today is seven days since Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s police chief sent Jussie a letter demanding the payment. The March 28 letter said he must pay within seven days but didn’t specify a response if he didn’t. Nonpayment will likely prompt the city to sue Jussie. A civil trial’s standards for proving Jussie staged the incident will be lower than in criminal court. Mayor-elect Lori Lightfoot could reverse any legal action after she’s sworn in May 20.
-Tony Scott (@tonyscottmedia)
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Celebrate Black History Month With Netflix’s Strong Black Leads
1. February 1- Free Rein: Valentine’s Day1 of 5
2. Feb 1st – Siempre bruja2 of 5
3. Feb 8th– High Flying Bird3 of 5
4. Feb. 8- Kevin Hart’s Guide to Black History!4 of 5
5. Feb 27th – USAs “Unsolved: Tupac & Biggie“5 of 5