NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Christmas Elf Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will begin on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 and end on Friday, December 21, 2018 (“Sweepstakes period”). Fourty-five (45) eligible entrants will have the opportunity to be awarded one of the following prizes: Amazon Echo Dot devices, Apple Watch, Fujifilm Mini Camera, Emerald Air Fryer, Cardinals Holiday Tickets, AMEX Gift Card, $25 Asher’s Gift Certificates, or an Amazon Firestick. The estimated retail value of the prizes to be awarded will range between a minimum of $25 up to a maximum of $400. See below for further details.
HOW TO ENTER / EXECUTION:
Listeners of WHHL-FM and WFUN-FM (“Stations”) who are legal residents of the United States residing within the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area, and are 18 years of age and older will be able to take part in this Sweepstakes. To participate in the Sweepstakes, listeners must do the following:
- During the Sweepstakes Period, listen to the Stations for the “ELF SOUNDER” on-air announcement for the 7th caller to contact the Station. Be the designated caller at the announced phone number after the on-air solicitation for callers has been made. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Sweepstakes participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- Eligible callers will win a prize and will be asked to verify their contact information (e.g. name, address, phone number, and email address).
- Winners will be instructed to come to the offices of the Stations located at 9666 Olive Blvd, Suite 610 St. Louis, Missouri 63132, to claim the prize.
- Winners must provide valid identification (e.g. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued I.D. containing the person’s name, date of birth, and photograph) to claim the prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Stations.
- Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Stations.
- All decisions made by the Stations and Radio One (“Company”) management regarding any aspect of this Sweepstakes are final.
- The Sweepstakes is open to listeners of the Stations who are 18 years of age and older and are legal residents of the U.S. residing within the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area as of the commencement date of the Sweepstakes.
- Employees of the Stations, the Company, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertisers, general sponsors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Detroit, Michigan metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those residing in the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
- Unless otherwise specified, participants may only win once during this Sweepstakes.
- Persons who have won a prize in another sweepstakes or promotion of any kind from the Stations within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from the Stations during any thirty (30) day period.
- The prize elements to be awarded to the winners will vary and will include the following:
Amazon Echo Dot devices, Apple Watch, Fujifilm Mini Camera, Emerald Air Fryer, Cardinals Holiday Tickets, AMEX Gift Card, $25 Asher’s Gift Certificates, or an Amazon Firestick. The estimated retail value for the prizes to be awarded will range from a minimum of Twenty-Five Dollars ($25) up to a maximum of Four Hundred Dollars ($400). Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to terms and conditions specified by issuer.
- To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
- Prizes that are not mailed (via us mail or UPS) or provided by a participating sponsor, must be claimed at the Stations’ offices within thirty (30) days of the date of winning.
- No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion. The Stations reserve the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize element is unavailable.
- All Sweepstakes winners must sign and date official station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
- All cash prizes won will be awarded in the form of a check. Winners will be notified when their prize check is available for pick up.
- The prize may only be claimed by the actual winner. Friends and family members are not eligible to claim the prize on behalf of the winner.
- The Stations, the Company, and its affiliates and promotional partners shall not be liable for any claims made by ineligible entrants.
- If for any reason a Sweepstakes winner decides not to accept an awarded prize the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Sweepstakes administrator and / or Sweepstakes sponsor if another entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
- If Sweepstakes winner does not claim their prize within thirty (30) days, the prize will be forfeited.
- In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by the Stations, in their sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Stations and / or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
- Winners are responsible for payment of all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize.
- Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
- No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entrants participating during the Sweepstakes Period.
- By participating in the Sweepstakes, the winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Stations which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Sweepstakes.
- All Sweepstakes winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold the Stations, the Company, any other Sweepstakes parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Sweepstakes participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
- The Stations retain the right to disqualify any entrant if all Sweepstakes rules are not followed. Sweepstakes void if prohibited by law.
- So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the Stations reserve the right to make changes in the sweepstakes rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
- The Stations, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any entrant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, the Stations, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete contest entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the Stations and will not be returned.
- By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that the Stations, and the Company have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- The Stations, the Company, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Sweepstakes, including; cancellation of the Sweepstakes as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of the Stations, the Company, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; the Stations may in their sole discretion offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Stations in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
- If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Sweepstakes entries, or any other causes beyond the Stations and the Company’s, control which, in the Stations and the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Stations and the Company reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes at their sole discretion.
- Copies of sweepstakes rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of the Stations, located at 9666 Olive Blvd. Suite 610 St. Louis, MO 63132. Copies of sweepstakes rules may also be made available during on-site / in-person remote events.