Fun Food with Raynah Rey—Fruit Pizza
Need a tasty and beautiful unique dessert for any occasion? Try this fruit pizza. I do my best to keep the recipes simple for you. This one will make it look like you spent hours in the kitchen creating a masterpiece. Here’s what you need.
1 Twelve-inch pizza pan. (Don’t worry if you can’t find one…a 9-inch pie plate will work)
10 Ounces of your favorite Sugar cookie dough
1 Eight-ounce package of Cream Cheese at room temperature
1/3 cup of Confectioner’s Sugar
1 Tablespoon of confectioner’s sugar separate from the above
1 Cup of Whipping Cream
2 Tablespoons of Apricot Jam
2Tablespoons of hot water
At least 3 different Fruits (Like fresh strawberries, kiwi, and berries) (or Bananas, mandarin oranges, etc.)
- Preheat oven
- Press cookie dough into the pan and bake until cooked. (Twelve to 18 minutes) Take out and let cool completely when baked.
- Pour whipping cream into a bowl and add Tablespoon of sugar. Whip until fluffy and light. Try not to over mix as it will turn into butter if you do. When finished, place in the refrigerator to stay cool until you’re ready to use it.
- In another bowl, mix cream cheese and other sugar until smooth and creamy. Keep cool in fridge until ready to use.
- Cut fruit into desired pieces. Small chunks if you want to sprinkle all over without a pattern and slice a bit bigger if you want to arrange in a pattern. Set fruit to the side.
- In a small bowl, put apricot jam and hot water and stir until smooth and glossy. Set to the side.
- Take cream cheese mixture and whipped cream out of the fridge and combine by putting whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Blend the two together until smooth creamy. Try to mix as little as possible.
- You’re ready to assemble now!
- Make sure your cookie layer is cooled completely and spread cream cheese layer on top of cookie.
- Arrange fruits on top of cream cheese layer.
- Brush apricot glaze over the entire top of pizza and take a picture for social media because it’s going to be beautiful!!!