Make Fun Food with Raynah Rey every week. It’s green goodness today. A healthy and delicious way to use avocados. This one is simple and easy to make. Plus, its loaded with nutrition. Here’s the recipe, but make sure to watch it live on the 95.5TheLou or Raynah Rey FB pages.
3 Medium Sized Avocados
1 Tablespoon Cilantro Finely Chopped
1/2 Teaspoon of Finely Chopped or Minced Garlic
1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
Salt to Taste
1. Chop cilantro and garlic and put them in your bowl.
2. Slice avocados in half and remove the seeds. Then, cut into small squares. Add Avocados to the bowl.
3. Cut Lime in half and squeeze the juice from one half into bowl making sure you cover all the avocado pieces with lime juice. This will flavor each piece and it will keep the avocado from turning brown.
4. Add cumin and salt to the mix and use a fork to stir it all together. Mash some of the avocado pieces to get a more smooth creamy texture. Mash as much or as little as you like for your desired consistency.
5. Remember…make the recipe your own. If you like cilantro or cumin, add more. Also, add some jalapeno or crushed red pepper for a little kick!
6. Enjoy with your favorite tortilla or pita chip and try spreading this instead of mayo on your next sandwich!