Source: Getty / Getty
Today marks the 31st anniversary of the release of
‘s 1986 hit single, “Control” — and needless to say, the queen has yet to miss a beat. Janet Jackson
having her son back in January, the new divorceé has already made her way back to the stage for her State Of The World Tour, hitting dance moves better than she did 30 years ago. In honor of the anniversary of one of Miss Jackson’s best dance records, check out these performance videos that prove she’s still the undefeated queen of dance. Eissa El Mana
1989 Rhythm Nation Royal Variety Performance
1993 Video Music Awards
2009 Michael Jackson Tribute at the VMA’s
2006 Billboard Music Awards
1987 Grammy Awards
Take notes kids.
These Celebs Took A Page Out Of Janet Jackson's Style Book
15 photos Launch gallery
1. Janet Jackson made shoulder pads the go-to trend in the '80s.
1 of 15
2. Amber Rose is a fan of the maverick look.
2 of 15
3. Nothing says incognito and stylish like dark shades, a hat, and a red lip.
3 of 15
4. Rihanna got the memo.
4 of 15
5. Janet gave the masculine pantsuit a feminine touch.
5 of 15
6. Stars like Blac Chyna and Amber Rose showed off a little more skin and a lot more curves.
6 of 15
7. Having piercings other than your ears and belly button was pretty taboo back when Janet revealed her septum ring.
7 of 15
8. These days, having a septum piercing is as common as having your ears pierced.
8 of 15
9. Janet became synonymous with braids back in the '90s following the release of her film "Poetic Justice."
9 of 15
10. Braids have now become the hottest trend for young celebs like Zoe Kravitz—from street style to the red carpet.
10 of 15
11. Ms. Jackson made it sexy to bare your sculpted abs in a midriff top.
11 of 15
12. Ciara was definitely inspired by the crop top look.
12 of 15
13. The Kardashians are often credited with making the trend popular again.
13 of 15
14. Janet's ever changing hairstyles made it obvious she was a style icon...especially in the '90s, with this bantu knot look.
14 of 15
15. Rihanna made waves on the internet when she rocked the throwback look. The apple doesn't fall far from the icon tree.
15 of 15