Donald Trump‘s administration announced that it is looking at rescinding DACA, the program put in place by Barack Obama which protects children brought to America by illegal immigrants. The program provides some 800,000 people with things like work permits, and helps prevent their deportation.
Aside from the shock that 800,000 deportations would deliver to our communities, rescinding DACA would have a number of negative affects- especially on the people protected by the program, who often have no ties to the countries they could be deported to. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from the “Ed Lover Show.”
Listen to “Ed Lover Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
#WeWillPersist: 10 Black Women Who Deserve Their Own Monuments
1. Black Girls Rock!Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. Missy ElliottSource:Getty 2 of 11
3. Former First Lady Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 3 of 11
4. Congresswoman Maxine WatersSource:Getty 4 of 11
5. Harriet TubmanSource:GlobalGrind 5 of 11
6. Viola DavisSource:Getty 6 of 11
7. Ida Bell Wells-BarnettSource:Getty 7 of 11
8. Sojourner TruthSource:Getty 8 of 11
9. Serena WilliamsSource:Getty 9 of 11
10. Rosa ParksSource:Getty 10 of 11
11. Shirley ChisholmSource:Getty 11 of 11
Ed Lover & Monie Love On The Problem With Deporting DACA Kids [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on edlovershow.com