This week, the Donald Trump administration announced that it would rescind the DACA program, which gives work permits and other benefits to people who were brought to America as children by illegal immigrants. Barack Obama posted a statement criticizing the decision, noting that the program was about showing human decency to a bunch of people who, in most cases, know no other country than America, and no other language than English.
Meanwhile, nationwide people filled up the streets and were arrested protesting the announcement. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from the Early Morning Evening News on the “Ed Lover Show.”
Listen to “Ed Lover Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
RELATED: Ed Lover & Monie Love On The Problem With Deporting DACA Kids [EXCLUSIVE]
RELATED: Is Donald Trump’s Speech Writer Plagiarizing President Obama? [EXCLUSIVE]
RELATED: Donald Trump Takes Too Long To Condemn White Supremacists [EXCLUSIVE]
13 Reasons We Are Still Thankful For President Barack Obama
13 photos Launch gallery
1. We'll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.
1 of 13
2. And let's not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.
2 of 13
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.
3 of 13
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.
4 of 13
5. He was never afraid to have a good time.
5 of 13
6. The White House was always lit, and full of celebs.
6 of 13
7. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.
7 of 13
8. Plus, he's all about b-ball.
8 of 13
9. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.
9 of 13
10. Despite his insane schedule, he's a pretty hands on dad.
10 of 13
11. ... And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.
11 of 13
12. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we're thankful.
12 of 13
13. He gave us hope...
13 of 13