Queens rapper 50 Cent is known for going hard promoting his Vodka, EFFEN for past two years or so. All this while, he was famously taking shots at Diddy’s Ciroc, the leader in the market, whether it was on Instagram, radio shows or TV interviews.
But wait, fans started noticing that he was not promoting the brand at all on his social media with his typical #effenvodka and #effenmob hashtags. On top of that, 50 was also spotted holding a bottle of Ciroc during a Fourth of July party at Angel’s Strip Club in New York City which left many surprised and confused:
One would think that bottle of Ciroc would burn a hole straight though 50 Cent’s hand at the the slightest touch the way 50 has bad mouthed the brand but the truth is revealed, 50 is no longer associated with EFFEN. Almost all past hashtags on his Instagram have been removed and the Breakfast Club on Power 105 NY revealed the news that the G-Unit boss has sold off his stake in the company. DJ Envy then said that he reportedly sold his share for about $60 million. Yup that’s 60 MILLION dollars so don’t cry for Curtis Jackson, I bet he still spending his Vitamin Water deal money and I wouldn’t be shocked if he hustle his way into a Ciroc deal with Diddy….stay tuned!
50 Cent’s Most Lucrative Business Endeavors
1. SMS Audio: This company that primarily sells headphones was founded by 50 Cent in 2011. In the same year, the company acquired Kono Audio. As far as the competition goes, he once said Dr. Dre’s “Beats is Nike. We’re Adidas.”Source:Getty 1 of 8
2. Power: 50 Cent is into all sorts of entertainment. Though he obviously stars in the Starz hit series “Power,” did you know he also produced the show? “Power” holds the “most viewers ever for a Starz original series” record.Source:Getty 2 of 8
3. Vodka: 50 Cent has recently partnered with Effen Vodka. The “ultra-premium” liquor comes in lots of flavors, including Black Cherry, Dutch Raspberry, Cucumber, and Salted Caramel.Source:Getty 3 of 8
4. SMS Promotions: 50 Cent started this boxing promotional company after his joint project with Floyd Mayweather, TMT Promotions, failed. Though SMS Promotions reportedly declared bankruptcy this year, it previously promoted boxers such as Andre Dirrell, Chris Galeano, and more.Source:Getty 4 of 8
5. SK Energy: Street King is an energy drink created by 50 Cent and his partner Chris Clarke. It boasts a variety of flavors, and was rebranded as “SK Energy” in 2012.Source:Getty 5 of 8
6. Frigo Underwear: 50 Cent put his insane body on full display in a series of advertisments for the underwear company this year.Source:Getty 6 of 8
7. VitaminWater: 50 Cent made $100 million after selling his stake in the privately owned company.Source:Getty 7 of 8
8. G-unit: We can’t forget about the clothing company that 50 Cent started in 2003 and relaunched in 2010. 50 maintains full ownership of the clothing line.Source:Getty 8 of 8