Collagen is the MOST abundant protein in the human body, and the second largest substance in the body behind water. What this means is that it’s naturally occurring, our bodies actually produce it for our benefit. Well… that is up until about 25.. Then it begins to decline, in the process known as ageing.
Supplementation with natural collagen can help us turn back the clock and give us a boost in the essential amino acids necessary for optimum wellness.
Beautiful skin on the outside needs a healthy foundation on the inside. Marine Collagen peptides, can significantly improve skin.
Let’s explore the benefits of collagen supplementation.
In this era of Kardashian, collagen has become synonymous with wrinkle fillers and lip injections. But for a group of forward-thinking women (and men!), the protein is the secret behind their glowing, gorgeous complexion…no needles needed!
Collagen is a fibrous protein that’s a key component of your skin—it helps keep your dermis youthful and resilient (as well as lubricate your joints and, according to some, aid in digestion). It’s also jam-packed with “nonessential” amino acids that are actually pretty important in keeping the body functioning smoothly, like sleep boosting glycine, as well as the skin, namely proline and hydroxyproline.
Sadly as we age, collagen starts to break down, which is why cosmetic docs use it as a soft-tissue filler to help erase lines.
“Collagen protein is unique, in that it has high amounts of the amino acids glycine, proline, and lysine, which are essential for the formation and repair of connective tissues, repair of bone matrix and joint surfaces, support of healthy skin and hair, and more,” Marine collagen supplements can be stirred into coffee, tea, soups, stews, smoothies, or plain old water.
Sipping collagen, rather than applying it topically or injecting it, provides the entire body with the building blocks it needs to support the creation and repair of the body’s connective tissues, a process that starts to break down once you hit your mid-20s. Providing your entire system with collagen, can help kickstart it again.
Soooooo what happens to your skin when you drink Marine Collagen? “When you ingest science-based hydrolyzed collagen, you increase the pool of special amino acids available to the cells in your body that make collagen. “In the skin, the fibroblasts in the dermal layer produce the collagen, so flooding the body with [collagen] can stimulate or optimize [your own] collagen formation, especially in cases where the supply is declining due to age or diet. And I always say “Physical appearance begins on the inside!”
Some of the MANY beauty benefits are:
Collagen is the main structural element of the skin, it’s responsible for its characteristic properties, such as firmness and tonicity. Collagen’s role is to maintain the structure and resistance of the skin, creating a network which anchors the layers of the skin and forms a support base for components such as elastin, to maintain skin elasticity and hyaluronic acid to lock in moisture. Collagen fibres, constructed within skin cells (fibroblasts), are responsible for the maintenance and resistance of the skin. The presence of collagen peptides regulates the activity of fibroblasts in the skin and stimulates production of both collagen and hyaluronic acid, which is important for skin hydration.
From the age of 30, fibroblasts activity starts to slow down, leading to a loss of collagen density and the beginning of the visible signs of ageing such as wrinkles, dehydration and loss of firmness.
As we age, the production of new collagen fibres declines as the collagen synthesis by fibroblasts decreases. Collagen is also hindered by its own ageing process. With age, collagen becomes more cross-linked and fragmented. This makes the skin tougher and limits the protein’s ability to bind large quantities of water, making the skin appear dry.
Marine collagen supplementation can counteract the affects of ageing and promote a more youthful appearance by supplying a boost and a restructuring effect on the skins collagen network from within. Smooth, firm and younger – looking skin requires optimum levels of well-organised collagen fibres to ensure it retains elasticity, firmness plus its moisture – binding capacity.
As collagen levels naturally decrease in our bodies, the quality of our hair begins to be affected, mix that in with poor diets, toxins, GHD’s blow-drying, curling wands, colouring and stress and our hair really takes a blow.
Drinking a daily Marine Collagen supplement has been shown to support the body’s hair building proteins, leading to longer and thicker hair. Collagen is very effective in treating dry brittle hair by repairing and sometimes even reversing spilt ends by providing healthy moisture levels within the hair fibres.
Marine Collagen can also assist in hair growth, because as an antioxidant it fights off free radicals that can affect your hair’s texture, growth and thickness. Restoring collagen in the hair shaft can not only improve hair growth, but also strengthen hair and increase the diameter of individual hairs, giving your hair an overall fuller appearance.
Struggling with weak and brittle nails? Do your nails just not grow? Have you put your nails under added pressure of acrylics and shellac?
If you’ve answered yes to any or all of these, then Marine Collagen is the answer. Restoring collagen levels in the body will encourage healthier, stronger and fast growing nails, repairing weak nails.
The under layer of our skin is 95% collagen; cellulite is basically caused by a breakdown in collagen fibers in the skin. This allows fatty tissue to push upwards through the gaps into the upper layer of skin (the epidermis). We need to stop the collagen breaking down and keep giving the body the ingredients to make new collagen (Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Iron, Manganese, Copper, Zinc, Amino acids, Silica) by eating a well balanced diet. Using firming cellulite creams will not work and can actually add to the break down in collagen with ingredients such as parabens and mineral oils. These and other chemicals in creams absorb through to our bloodstream and can mimic hormones, playing havoc with our endocrine system and congesting our liver.
Structural changes in the skin’s tissues, including weakened collagen and elastin fibers, make cellulite more apparent because the skin becomes thinner and less able to conceal the irregularities below the surface. These changes can occur from hormonal imbalances, ageing and even dehydration.
As the lack and breakdown of collagen is a major cause into why cellulite appears, drinking a daily Marine Collagen supplement will help to strengthen the collagen fibers under the skin. This will assist in smoothing out the skin and diminishing the appearance of cellulite!!! Yes Ladies!
Drinking Marine Collagen daily stimulates the production of the protein molecules from which collagen is formed. Aside from the benefits listed above, it’s also helpful in tightening loose skin after weight loss, decreasing the inflammatory response, and promoting tissue healing.
And… assisting in weightloss.
One of the side effects of taking marine collagen is decreased appetite. Hydrolysed collagen has a very satiating effect: appetite suppressing, thereby promoting weight loss. Adding Marine Collagen to your daily diet promotes appetite control. Adding 6 – 9g of collagen protein to your juices, smoothies or shakes daily not only suppresses appetite, but also provides highly usable protein for the body’s many needs.
Marine Collagen plays an important role in the building and support of joints, and it may help reduce the discomfort associated with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. A study published in the 2013 edition of the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition examined the effects of collagen supplementation on 55 healthy participants with joint pain caused by physical activity.
I drink Marine Collagen every day and will never be without! I know this works. And for those who are allergic to seafood or shellfish Collagen is also available in Bovine Collagen also known as bovine cartilage or beef collagen.
For best results drink your collagen on a EMPTY stomach before you go to bed:
Wait for two to three hours after eating before you drink your collagen
Take two or three 400-milligram collagen supplements with a full glass of water before going to bed.
Eat and drink nothing at all between the time you take the Marine Collagen and the time you go to bed.
Marine Collagen is the Low Key “Fountain Of Youth”….you WILL thank me for this!
Black Don't Crack! Pharrell, Halle, & 20 Other Black Celebs Who Are 40 Plus & Haven't Aged A Bit (PHOTOS)
Black Don't Crack! Pharrell, Halle, & 20 Other Black Celebs Who Are 40 Plus & Haven't Aged A Bit (PHOTOS)
1. The Rock was a handsome son of a gun back in 1995...1 of 48
2. And he's just become sexier with time.2 of 48
3. Seriously, Eddie Murphy's face doesn't change. This picture was taken in 1988...3 of 48
4. This is Eddie Murphy taking a stroll in 2013!4 of 48
5. Vanessa Williams is one of the QUEENS when it comes to that old saying "Black don't crack."5 of 48
6. Can you see why?6 of 48
7. Oh Chaka...7 of 48
8. This is Chaka at 60 YEARS OLD!8 of 48
9. Remember Taraji P. Henson back in her "Baby Boy" days?9 of 48
10. Well, she hasn't changed a bit.10 of 48
11. Stacey Dash is another "Black Don't Crack" queen! She played a high school teen at almost 30.11 of 48
12. This is Stacey at 43.12 of 48
13. We don't have to tell you about Denzel... But for argument's sake, this is back in '96.13 of 48
14. This is Denzel at 58 years old.14 of 48
15. Little Jada looks just like ....15 of 48
16. Young Jada. Who looks just like...16 of 48
17. Older Jada!17 of 48
18. If this isn't proof, then what is?18 of 48
19. Looking amazing Jada!19 of 48
20. Jada is not the only one still holding on to the good looks.20 of 48
21. Will is still just as handsome and sexy as he was back in his "Fresh Prince" days.21 of 48
22. Now everybody knows Prince will never age...22 of 48
23. Prince will ALWAYS look the same.23 of 48
24. LL Cool J and his fine self....24 of 48
25. There's just something about him...25 of 48
26. He makes us melt, even at 45!26 of 48
27. Tyra Banks was such a pretty little thing...27 of 48
28. Now she's bossed up and sexy as hell.28 of 48
29. Back in 1999, every man dreamed of having Nia Long as their woman.29 of 48
30. Those same men are still dreaming...30 of 48
31. Nia hasn't aged one bit.31 of 48
32. This is Morris Chestnut 11 years ago.32 of 48
33. Look at him now!33 of 48
34. Gabrielle Union is another woman who has NEVER AGED. This is 12 years ago.34 of 48
35. Here's Gabrielle Union at 41.35 of 48
36. Pharrell Williams then....36 of 48
37. Pharrell Williams now - Absolutely NOTHING has changed about his face in the last decade.37 of 48
38. Sanaa Lathan has always been beautiful...38 of 48
39. At 42, she's more gorgeous than ever.39 of 48
40. Here's a side view...40 of 48
41. This is no shocker! Halle Berry is known for her good looks and inability to age body or face-wise.41 of 48
42. Halle Berry is now 47 years old. Yes - she's almost 50.42 of 48
43. We know Phylicia Rashad as the beautiful Claire Huxtable from The Cosby Show....43 of 48
44. This is Phylicia at 65.44 of 48
45. Naomi Campbell is another ageless face! Here goes the supermodel 12 years ago.45 of 48
46. Here she is just a few months ago.46 of 48
47. Morgan Freeman came out the womb looking like this...47 of 48
48. Well, he still looks like that.48 of 48