Serena Wiliams split with Common in 2010 after at least a year-long relationship. They were the “It” couple of the year, hot to death, tons of PDA for the cameras then poof…they were done! But maybe love just might be better better the second time around!
The former couple raised eyebrows by spending a lil time together at a small private event Friday night … sparking speculation they might be dating again.
An eyewitness spills that Serena and the rapper/actor were in a back room chatting before she spoke to the audience at the grand opening of the Yetunde Price Resource Center — for people affected by violence.
We’re told the exes were careful to avoid taking pics together, but individually each got a photo with Compton’s mayor, Aja Brown. They left in separate cars after the event. Serena’s sister Venus Williams was also there — the sisters launched the center because their older sister was shot and killed. A source close to them tells us they’re still just friends. The witness insists they seemed like more than buddies…You know how it be (sometimes) when you haven’t seen your ex in a while and ya’ll reconnect! It’s see what unfolds with these two! Stay tuned!
1. "Inside is where the fight lay/ And everything a nigga do may not be what he might say.” ["Be (Intro)”]
1 of 13
2. “Never looking back or too far in front of me/ The present is a gift and I just want to be.” [“Be (Intro)”]
2 of 13
3. “Close my eyes to see things in front of me/ I'm gone now, imagine what I'm gonna be.” [“Blue Sky”]
3 of 13
4. “Everyday women and men become legends.” [“Glory”]
4 of 13
5. “Asked my guy how he thought travellin the world sound/ Found it hard to imagine he hadn't been past downtown.” ["Respiration”]
5 of 13
6. “Hunger in they eyes is what seems to feed me.” [“The People”]
6 of 13
7. “Nobody believe, until I believe me.” [“The People”]
7 of 13
8. “I watched ‘Crash’ and realize that we all survivors/ No religion or race could ever describe us. [“Forever Begins”]
8 of 13
9. “Dealt a bad hand, but I played my cards right.” [“Play your Cards Right”]
9 of 13
10. “How could I ever let your words affect me?” [“Get Em High”]
10 of 13
11. “It's the games nature/ When you're glowin' some will love and some will hate ya.” [“Real People”]
11 of 13
12. “I'm trapped in myself/ See what happens with wealth/ At times you can lose yourself/ During the sunniest of days many superstars melt.” [“Any Given Sunday”]
12 of 13
13. “Nobody wants to live in a sad state in their lives and you can create your own dreams and your own happiness if you just work towards it and believe in it and make those choices that lead towards that.” [Interview, Ebony]
13 of 13
Continue reading 19 Glorious Common Quotes To Live By