A Utah judge ordered a foster child be removed from a lesbian couple’s home because they were deemed “unfit” to raise her the same as a heterosexual couple would.
Married couple April Hoagland and Beckie Peirce became foster parents shortly after same-sex marriage was declared legal last summer, according to the L.A. Times. They’ve had a one-year-old girl with them for the last three months and were in talks with the biological mother to move towards adoption.
Their attorneys will be reviewing Judge Scott Johansen’s order in the hopes of challenging it, believing the judge is imposing his own religious views upon the case.
Utah Division of Child and Family Services agency spokeswoman Ashley Sumner believes it doesn’t matter if the couples are same-sex or heterosexual, as long as the family is fit. “We just want sharing, loving families for these kids,” Sumner said. “We don’t really care what that looks like.”
We couldn’t agree more.
SOURCE: L.A. Times | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
#LoveWins: Celebs React To Supreme Court Ruling In Favor Of Marriage Equality
1. this is a huge win for the #LGBTQ community! the Supreme Court of the United States has officially legalized same-sex marriage in all 50 states. #LoveWins #Repost @sonsandbros・・・The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that same-sex couples have the right to marry in all 50 states! This is a big win for our community. #LoveIsLove (Image: @KordaleNKaleb) - Russell SimmonsSource: 1 of 9
2. I'm so happy I'm crying!!!! #LoveWins - Kelly OsbourneSource: 2 of 9
3. historic day. #LoveWins ❤️ - Angie MartinezSource: 3 of 9
4. Let's get married!!! - Samantha RonsonSource: 4 of 9
5. Tears of joy. And sparkles. And #PRIDE. 🌈 - Zoe KravitzSource: 5 of 9
6. Kerry WashingtonSource: 6 of 9
7. big step for our country. congratulations. 👍🏼👍🏼 underneath it all we're just the same. - Machine Gun KellySource: 7 of 9
8. Love wins!! Love is love!!! #Equality ❤️💜💙 - Khloe KardashianSource: 8 of 9
9. #LoveWins it's truly amazing to think about all of the changes we're able to see during our generation. When our children are grown they probably won't even believe that once upon a time Gays and Lesbians were unable to get married. It's like how we feel about women not being able to vote or the fact that slavery actually happened here in America smh. This is a great day for us as people! There's no downgrades or upgrades it's all about ❤️. - Amber RoseSource: 9 of 9
Utah Judge Orders Child Removed From Lesbian Foster Home was originally published on globalgrind.com