Former Texas governor and Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry has referred to the horrifying Charleston church massacre as an “accident.”
Daily Mail reports:
The former Texas governor, and a Republican presidential candidate, made the comment as he slammed President Obama for suggesting gun control is an issue in America.
‘This is the MO of this administration, any time there is an accident like this,’ Perry told Newsmax TV.
‘The president is clear, he doesn’t like for Americans to have guns and so he uses every opportunity, this being another one, to basically go parrot this message.’
Perry’s team then went on to defend him, stating that he meant to say “incident.” Perry also noted that he believes the issue is drug control, not gun control.
Meanwhile, thousands of people came together to remember the nine people who were gunned down at the historic black Charleston AME Emanuel church.
The College of Charleston hosted a vigil in their arena on Friday night, where families of the victims, as well as residents of Charleston, came to support. Mayor Joe Riley told the crowd:
If that young man thought he was going to divide this country… he miserably failed.
‘Let’s keep these nine people and their families in our prayers and never forget them.’
Our prayers go out to the victims and their loved ones.
SOURCE: Daily Mail | PHOTO/VIDEO CREDIT: Getty, NDN News
The 33 Best Pics Of Barack Obama & His Cheesy Smile
1. This is the "work is done" face.1 of 33
2. That guy should watch out, Obama's smile is contagious!2 of 33
3. Smile, it's a beautiful day.3 of 33
4. Obama and his smile are at it again.4 of 33
5. He's got some great pearly whites.5 of 33
6. He has many reasons to flash his smile.6 of 33
7. *Waves to the haters.*7 of 33
8. Black tie and a smile is the best combination.8 of 33
9. Obama and Biden: Bros for life.9 of 33
10. Hesitant smile?10 of 33
11. We moved "forward" with Obama in 2012.11 of 33
12. After waving to his haters, he waved to his supporters.12 of 33
13. What's up there? Oh, another reason to smile.13 of 33
14. Hey there, people of America!14 of 33
15. Smile, you're on Candid Camera.15 of 33
16. Is Obama cheesy or nah?16 of 33
17. America the beautiful with Obama's darling smile.17 of 33
18. During one of speeches, the president made sure to smile to his supporters.18 of 33
19. Bill can learn a thing or two from Obama's smiling game.19 of 33
20. Say cheese!20 of 33
21. President Obama is happy. Shouldn't we all feel the same?21 of 33
22. Smile!22 of 33
23. "Hey you...smile!"23 of 33
24. Let's all be happy like the president.24 of 33
25. This is an "LOL" moment in real time.25 of 33
26. He's not laughing at you...or is he?26 of 33
27. Smiley aren't we?27 of 33
28. Ha!28 of 33
29. Waves and smiles.29 of 33
30. The "Oh, I see what you did there" look.30 of 33
31. Obama has plenty of reasons to smile..he has Michelle.31 of 33
32. The wind won't break his smile.32 of 33
33. Doesn't he have the cheesiest smile ever?33 of 33
Republican Presidential Candidate Rick Perry Refers To Charleston Shooting As An “Accident” was originally published on globalgrind.com